13/05/2008

2008 : Movies seen so far...

I haven't been much to the movies lately but I've managed to see pretty good ones on TV ( thanks to my beloved Arte ;)

I will try to update this list as often as possible.


Zodiac (D. Fincher / 2007)
great, neat and stylish movie.

The Nanny Diaries (S. Springer Berman / R. Pucini / 2007)
I am not a huge fan of the book but the movie is, to me, even worst. even super-awesome Laura Linney doesn't manage to save the damn thing...

The Dreamers – Les Innocents (B. Bertolucci / 2003)
Louis Garrel/ Eva Green / Bertolucci/ May 68 : this movie should have been great. unfortunately it was not. ( and how much I hate Michael Pitt!!)

Just a Kiss (K. Loach/ 2004)
Well... I hate saying that but that was bo-ring.

My Life without Me ( I. Coixet / 2003)
great little movie. makes you want to live your life fully.

Caramel ( N. Labaki / 2007)
One of my favourite of the year : great story, well acted and visually stunning.

Maria Full of Grace (J. Marston / 2004)
brilliant. a shame I had to see it not in Spanish but in French..

Shooting Dogs (M. Caton-Jones / 2005)
Ok..I know Michael Caton-Jones is the man behind the lame Basic Instinct sequel, but it shouldn't stop you from seeing this amazing movie about the Genocide in Rwanda.

Half Nelson (R. Fleck / 2007)
I expected better..

There Will be Blood (P. T Anderson / 2007)
genius!

Paris (C. Klapish / 2008)
boring.

3:10 to Yuma ( J. Mangold / 2007)
the best western in years. ( Christian Bale !!) + Russell Crowe's character is so interesting and complex.

Murder by Numbers ( B. Schroeder / 2002)
entertaining.

Savage Grace (T. Kalin / 2007)
really, really creepy. visually stunning. and Julianne Moore !!!

Arizona Dream (E. Kusturica / 1993)

The Painted Veil (J. Curran / 2006)
I expected so much better ...

Babel (A. G. Inarritu / 2006)
new classic. from time to time Brad Pitt reminds us that he can act.

The Dead Girl (K. Moncrieff / 2006)
uneven. ( the trailer is actually better than the movie...)

A walk with love and death (J. Huston / 1969)

It’s a Free World (K. Loach/ 2007)
Have I mentioned that Ken Loach is my hero?

Casino Royale ( M. Campbell /2006)
not bad for a Bond !

Lords of Dogtown ( C. Hardwicke / 2005 )

Into the Wild ( S. Penn / 2007 )

Juno ( J. Reitman / 2007)
Athough it was beyond average does it deserve all the praise? The media coverage might have killed it.

The Last of the Mohicans
( M. Mann / 1992)
huge disappointment. the 10 last minutes are the only part of the movie worth watching.

Aucun commentaire: